New Performing Rights Organization

ARVC has recently been made aware of a newly established performing rights organization called Global Music Rights (GMR).  GMR, like ASCAP, BMI, and SESAC represent various composers, songwriters, lyricists and music publishers.  These performing rights organizations have licenses that need to be acquired to be able to play their artists' music.


What you need to know as a park operator:

  • Under U.S. copyright law, if you play music at your park you need music licenses to legally cover the performances (e.g. bands, karaoke, radio, etc.) being played at your park.
  • GMR is a legitimate company.
  • ARVC does not have a partnership agreement with GMR.
      • At this time, ARVC only has partnership agreements with ASCAP, BMI and SESAC that allow you to obtain licenses at heavily discounted rates.
  • In order to play music from the artist(s) GMR represents, you need to obtain a license directly through GMR.  Visit the GMR website full artist list.

ARVC will continue to monitor and communicate with GMR in the upcoming year.  If you have any questions about music licensing or any of the performing rights organizations mentioned, please do not hesitate to contact ARVC.  We understand that music licensing can be an overwhelming topic and ARVC is available to help you better understand what is needed to protect your park.

Posted in: Campground News